News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

bushy palmer

Very nice- I use a metallic bodied ke-he as well as the original. I'd never thought of using a hybrid of the two. This is getting tied asap and used this year

bibio1

been tying jinglers. i dont know about this fly as it looks too big but as a sighter when fishing a nymph it should be ok.

[attachimg=1]

Highlander

Very Nice Paul, what dubbing did you use Hare?
What is the dressing for these ones?
I too like this fly a good Tweed/Clyde dry.
Was Davie, Sandfly who used to appear on this forum that first showed me this one but I have them with a thread body not dubbed. Iwas always awareof it but for some reason unbeknown to me I never tied the pattern.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

bibio1

its haresear. i  prefer the emerger but sometimes they take the nymph and i was thinking of this fly as a sighter. if i put it on a proper droper then it might also be successful.

I know folk who swear by it but it looks bloody massive incomparison to other flees.

scoobyscott

Some bonny flies there guys. The jingler looks good, all the locals on the tweed swear by them for early season. Don't use a genetic cocky cape though too stiff. As for the size, The march brown is a big beastie.

bibio1

Been tying a silver invicta. Never have been happy with the normal wing so went for a red squirrel and a hen palmer.

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Very nice Paul. Like the Dunkeld the Silver Invicta is  a fail me seldom tail fly.

Lochan_load

Fishtales

just over five years -------- 300 pages --------- 2995 replies.

That is the statistics of this thread up to now.
Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Go To Front Page