News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Deer Hair Emerger on  a new Fulling Mill barbless curved hook I found and using coastal deer hair. Tied using the simplified method. Again a just a few minutes tying time.

[attachimg=1]

SoldierPmr

A lure to end all lures  :lol: took one of my late grandads meps apart to create this.
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Grizzly claret snatcher
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

These aren't fly tying hooks, they are for carp fishing so the shank is a bit broad making the last fly a bit chunky, tied this one with just thread hackles and wire
[attachimg=1]

bibio1

That greenwell snatcher looks good. I've done well with a similar one to that .

Lochan_load

New to me but looks like it'll do ok, like the bare thread body. This ones for more of a wave, fiery brown dabbler[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

With the Turrall hackles, make a nice effect. Dunno what you would call this but think it would be a good sedgey top dropper

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

A damsel fly nymph tied as Bob Wyatt does. Much smaller, slimmer and more lightly dressed than the commercial versions which are really more like wooly buggers than insects

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

You going stockie bashing Fred?  :makefun
You're right the ones you see are just green lures, nothing much to do with a damsel

bibio1

I witnessed a damsel nymph in a loch this year.  They can fairly move but a size 10 with a tail as long as the body is about the right size. The other thing that struck me was how opaque it was. A nice olive yellow colour.

Cheers
Paul

Go To Front Page