News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Got some Ice dub for the first time and some b100's, like the shape of these. Got the dub for mixing with other things to give a bit of glint to flies but on this one just used it straight out to see what it was like, this is the brown one?? It looks purple to me! Anyway a snatcher, really struggled with this one, found it hard to not trap all the fibres on the palmer  :x
[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Looks purple to me too, but the colour is a bit like a dabbler Eric did very well with up at Loch Lee some years back

Lochan_load

Sitting out of light the bag looks brown but as soon as light hits it glows purple, would prob be good mixed through black seals fur for a wee sparkle, same fly but mixed the dub through some claret seals fur, ain't pretty but they've got that well chewed look about them!
[attachimg=1]

shad

Looks like UV ice dub, all UV has that purple flash, supposed to be the latest dogs bollocks.I did very well on Swannay this year with a claret sedgehog with a little UV mixed through the dubbing.I didnt have one without any UV to compare catch rate so dont know if it does hold magic properties.

Those B100s are good for snatchers ,I like the gold ones though ,work well for me .

Lochan_load

Aye I think it could be pretty useful stuff, not done any sedgehogs yet but I'll give that one a go. I like blue, black and orange together. Don't know if this fly is named, sure it is somewhere
[attachimg=1]

bibio1

Right I'm getting the vice out.

rannoch raider

Like a Camasunary Killer type variant. I like it.

Clan Chief

Look forward to seeing em paul.

Ive just finished tying while waiting to go out very shortly. Will tie a few more like this tomorrow.

Lochan_load

Oh aye, half way between that and a doobry!

Clan Chief

Just noticed yer last flee there Lochan n load. Lovely dressing. I must tie a few of those also. Right im off out.

Go To Front Page