News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Nice one, the forecast is looking pretty good for the weekend so fingers crossed for you. Never tubed it but it's ideal for it

Lochan_load

Size 10 double, yellow orange and black with flash layered through.
[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

From underneath, the black gives a background for the flash and brighter colours
[attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

The trout season is over but the flytying season has begun. First of the season from me!

corsican dave

love that. and i'm sure some big fish will, too... :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

My ammo for tomorrow on the endrick, my first days fishing for a while and could be my last the way things are panning out so I've decided to go bold! Quite a heavy underwire as I've no sink tip for my 6wt  :roll:
[attachimg=1]

corsican dave

like that  :D so that's effectively using the hair as a transverse wing, yeah? nice idea and I reckon the aliens would go for that, too  :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Err dunno what a transverse wing is dave 😬 Dubbing looped the hair (really soft fox, soft like rabbit) and wound that the whole body, basically makes a big fluff ball until you tease and comb it back, used flies like this for pike before but much bigger. There's not a huge amount of hair but the technique gives volume and means that the fly pulses in the water...will see how it looks in the water

rannoch raider

I like that Andy. It's orange, has sparkle, will have movement, It's October on the Endrick. I reckon it's got a good chance of tempting a fish if there's any water. Keep watching the skies ! ;-)

Lochan_load

I'm going whatever but hoping for the overnight rain that's forecast

Go To Front Page