News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

There's some lovely patterns there guys. I really like that orange hopper, in fact I really like them all. There's been some great stuff posted on here of late.

Robbie

Quote from: Robbie on January 04, 2017, 01:25:29 PM
I don't have antron yarn on a spool, but managed to use a loose hank easily enough. You do have to tist it a lot and tieing it off with thread after is a bit of a fiddle.

Just tried this pattern again but this time I put the yarn on an old empty spool. Makes a big difference as it's far easier twist the yarn tight giving superior segmentation. Added bonus is that this also stops the pen ink bleeding too far through the yarn ,making it easier to control the colouring.

claytonmcnie

Lots of lovely patterns, will be copying a few of those.

Lochan_load

Got a green highlander grizzle cape off fleabay (whiting cape for a tenner  :lol:) so thought I'd give the wets a rest and do a wee double, love these boar bristle/pheasant crest tales, it's a simple tie but gives a great effect[attachimg=1]

Robbie

That fly looks the business Andy!

bibio1

Moving over to the dark side for a wee while.

bibio1

I have been thinking about a stickle back imitation for a wee while. I bought some plastic fish skulls and with a wee bit rabbit and silver dubbing that's me. Might try a pearl body.

Not sure how robust they'll be but will give them a try. Inspired by our trip to south uist where the trout were hammering sticklebacks on the grassy margins.

Lochan_load

I was fishing close in a lot looking for the stickleback feeders, one trout on Hallam was chasing them all over the shop about 15 feet in front of me, really good to watch and exciting to cast for (never bloody caught it though!  :roll: )
All my salmon flies seem to end up orange so did the green one the other day and thought I'd have a mess about with claret and brown and a couple of touches of sunburst to brighten it a bit, I'll do an sbs for these one day, it's such a simple tie but looks good.
[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

Very nice chaps! Great shrimps Andy.

bibio1

Nice one LL.

Forgot the stickleback imitation.

Go To Front Page