News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Thanks Robbie. Another one in the 'booby' style. The belly is loaded with foam on top of some lead wire to keep it sitting belly side down.

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

These flies are really superb! Can't wait to see how you get on with the sunk line

Lochan_load

Nothing gets me in the mood for fishing more than tying muddlers! A soldier palmer one......[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

There's something really pleasing about traditional loch flies. That one would be a strong contender for the top bob on my rod. I find it's a great pattern for drawing fish to the rod. they may not always take it but they do pay it attention. I just can't find the inspiration for wee loch troot at the minute  :|. It'll probably return when the weather turns and we get some heat in the air.  :think2

Lochan_load

Yeah it gets attention especially if it's fishing right through the film, I seem to get most of my fish to a muddler these days although often the better fish hit the point fly.

Robbie

Cracking flies guys! My local stream doesn't open for trout until April, but doesn't look like I'll get much of a chance for a cast before then anyway. Tied a little something for moving water:

[attachimg=1]

rannoch raider

That's very nice Robbie. There are quite a few really experienced river fishers on here. I'd love to see the flies they favour featuring on here. C'mon chaps, show us your March Browns and Olives ?  :)

Wildfisher

That will catch Robbie.  I'm certain the slim abdomen is the key with these flies.

rannoch raider

Trout Minnow Mk 3. Cheaper materials in this one.

[attachimg=1]

haresear

I must be one of the worst fly tiers out there. I catch fish despite rather than because of my flies.
In anticipation of the arrival of March browns and grannom I conjured up some works of art......[attachimg=1][attachimg=1]
Protect the edge.

Go To Front Page