News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoobyscott

Balloon caddis
[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

Tying some nymphs. This one, a size 16,  has a 2MM tungsten bead fitted on top of the hook to make it swim point up and reduce snagging.  Just a bit of 30lb nylon melted with a lighter  to form a mushroom-like head at one end then threaded through the bead, the nylon stalk is then flattened with pliers to make it easier to tie down. I also put a drop of super glue on it whilst tying it on.

I like to add some CDC to my nymphs  to give them some extra life. Don't know if it makes any odds but it gives me more confidence.  :D

[attachimg=1]

Mark

I like that Fred, used to tie a peeping caddis with a split shot like that years ago. Yours looks neater tho  :D

On a nymph theme. I normally only carry 3 nymphs but this one has forced its way in, looks a total mess but on fast or dirty water it works great.

Hook, bead, 2 colours of ice dub and wire rib to hold it together. Velcro it so it looks a mess.

Wildfisher

Very nice Mark. I enjoy tying nymphs, great if you are like me an untidy tier!   :lol:

Wildfisher

It's a rainy day here so tying a few flies.

A mixed pheasant tail and haresear nymph. Size 16 Fulling Mill jig hook, 2MM tungsten bead, pink globrite floss hotspot and CDC legs.

What is it about pink hotspots that fish like?  I have tried yellow and orange, but I'm sure pink is better.

[attachimg=1]

scoobyscott

That scruffy nymph looks good.
Fred I find orange works best for me.
Another couple of dries from last night
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2][attachimg=3][attachimg=4]

scoobyscott

Posted wrong pic
[attachimg=1]

claytonmcnie

Wee heads up guys, Harvey angling are selling liquid glass Uv resin. It's reached expiry date but worth a go for 1.99.

rannoch raider

Some cracking looking flies there. They've definitely got the 'X'  factor.

Wildfisher

Some size 16 pheasant tail pogo nymphs and a few size 12  pheasant tail and haresear jig nymphs with 2.5MM tungsten bead and white CDC hackle. This latter pattern  has caught me a lot of fish in heavy, slightly coloued water. The white CDC legs add movement and are easily seen.

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page