News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Quote from: Mark on July 29, 2017, 10:43:17 PM
Look good, quite natural . They veniards?

Hi Mark, Sorry about the short reply. I was getting orders from the Mrs while trying to reply! No, they are from an American  company called Hemingways. They are the best synthetics I've come across, much better than Veniards. They are an adhesive backed vinyl and are very easy to work with. The full product name is Synthetic Tapered Peacock Quill. Lots of colour choices available and also a holographic range for a bit more flash. Like every other quill they are a bit prone to trout teeth damage so I'd suggest that if you use them then give them a coat of Sally Hansen of clear UV cure resin.
You will never touch another real quill in your life after using this stuff.  :wink:

pedropete

"leggy" melvin style zulu's with various ribbings,10# fulling mill fm51 05 barbless hooks

Lochan_load

Brilliant! Like those hooks too

scoobyscott

rannoch raider

Nice work Pete. The 'leggy webby' irish style shows through in all the patterns you've posted lately and it's very attractive. Can I ask where you are getting your hen hackles? They look so soft that they're nearly like wisps of fine marabou.

pedropete

much appreciate all the nice comments lads, I'm in very good company here with the standard of tying on show, I've dyed golden pheasant breast feathers black and wound them on as a shoulder hackle,thats the leggy bit.. then added the blue partridge..the hen hackles are Whiting Hebert.

Lochan_load

I've got some breast feathers I dyed black a while back and not even sure I've used any, those look excellent so I'll knock a couple up before we head to the Hebrides!

bibio1

A goats toe with a few modern materials

rannoch raider

pedropete

perfect andy i was the same, so I've a few flies in different styles to try out now. need to have a bash at the toe of the goat too at some point,looks ace !!

Go To Front Page