News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garryh

tied a few of these .rubber legged copper johns,sort of a cross between a prince nymph,Cols brown wire nymph, with rubber legs .cant fail!!
how many times have i said that to myself :lol: :lol: i may sneak off and give them a try later if the wife turns her back long enough.

cheers Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

scotfly

Some lovely looking flies been appearing of late.  :8)
I've not had much time for tying of late, but since some of my more successful dries this season were getting low, I thought it was time to catch up a little!
Beginning with some iwi's..
Top right is tied on the Partridge Klinkhamer Extreme 15BNX, a hook I'm becoming very fond of.

garryh

hi Col its tan and black barred rubber legs.tested them last night and had a few and lost a good fish on them.

cheers Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

paulr

Tied up these mega balloon caddis tonight.My intention was to tie them mainly for use as a very visible indicator fly when fishing NZ style, but I reckon they'll also take trout when fished just as big dries. The body and wing are mcflylon,so combined with the foam they should be unsinkable.

paulr

Cheers Col,
Lakeland Fly Tying have all colours of McFlylon in stock just now.
Paul

scotfly

Still catching up, this time on some Uffe's Killer Variants....

haresear

QuoteTied up these mega balloon caddis tonight.My intention was to tie them mainly for use as a very visible indicator fly when fishing NZ style, but I reckon they'll also take trout when fished just as big dries. The body and wing are mcflylon,so combined with the foam they should be unsinkable.

Those should float like corks Paul and I'm sure they will take fish.  As fluttering sedge imitations they should do fine.

Alex
Protect the edge.

paulr

On a mid-season fly-tying roll at the moment.

Enjoying tying with foam,it's nice and easy to use. Mega Beetles tonight:

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Also tied some wire spider, nymphy things. Very Col-esque I think  :)

[attachimg=3]

Attempted some prince nymphs too, but I need some more practice at them.

[attachimg=4]

paulr

I'm using evazote sheets Col. I followed .D. 's tying sequence and sliced a wee layer off as they are a bit too thick to begin with.
Can't wait to get out on a burn or loch and see what the trout think of them.Roll on the weekend!
cheers
Paul

paulr

Any variety packs of foam I've bought have been shite Col. The foam has been pretty compact and not floated well.
I know I sound like an advert for them, but Lakeland Flytying sell sheets of Rainy's evazote for ?1.20, so it's not too expensive to get a few different colours,they have really fast delivery too.I have no affiliation to this company!
cheers
Paul

Go To Front Page