News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rannoch raider

Reminds me of something we called the 7 P's. ..........
Proper preparation and planning prevents piss poor performance.  :wink: Smacks of 'fish Assassin'.

pedropete

a thing of beauty.cracking ties too.

scoobyscott

They look great sage. Look forward to your report once your back.
Some flies for a swap on pussbook

scoobyscott

Size 20 perdigones. These done well for me in a 16

pedropete

lovley nymphs scott, i have tungsten on order..

pedropete

Quote from: Lochan_load on September 27, 2017, 10:27:39 PM
I got my fish on the same loch with an orange dabbler on a fast sink tip on one of the really wild days and like Robbie says the orange shows up well in the water. Billy got his fish on the last day on Peaty water with a fly with a fluo yellow/green tail, suppose if they can't see it doesn't matter what it represents!

thanks,andy, Robbie appreciate that, bit of an odd color its worked for me in the past too.

scoobyscott

pedropete

I've made an early start to a half/hog and general deer hair dry box, ill add to it over the winter months, always looking for inspiration I found this hog var on the Shetland anglers asc. website.Originally tied by Billy Reid, takes the Orkney peach dubbing and adds pearl litebrite and the addition of a G.B no12 tag. i like the look, but what do I know.. anyone using this already???

Lochan_load

Excellent Pete, I'd fish those with total confidence, used to put a globrite tag on mine but haven't recently but not for any reason. The ones i tied this year I put a hot orange seals fur butt on, same idea

pedropete

totally andy, actually I think Id prefer a seals fur butt.. same idea tho...some sort of tag/butt seems de rigueur...

Go To Front Page