News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobfly

Just a comment on "silver" hooks from a friend who is an engineer and knows a bit about metals. He was voicing a bit of a warning one day that silver nickel hooks can often be a softer hook and thus more likely to straighten than either a black nickel or a standard carbon steel hook. What you were using here was a comp. heavy weight so I guess no problems but worth thinking of for a light silver nickel type.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Robbie

Pete, I think I will need to make more use of marabou. Cormorant type flies could be very useful.

I've been playing with some Peacock tinsel this evening:

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

pedropete

oh right, cormorants for browns, its something I must try,I have a box full. those palmers are tidy Robbie, just enough flash showing through..fishy a.f.

scoobyscott

Nice ties Robbie. Pete they cats would definitely work for browns early season

pedropete

scott, hope so, looks like a winning color combo will rig it on a wee double too.

scoobyscott

Been tying up bugs recently. Here's a few, the last one I havnt fished but really like the idea. Not my idea I have to say.
It's a tungsten jig back tied in reverse.
[attachimg=1][attachimg=3][attachimg=2][attachimg=4]

pedropete

loads of great nymphs there mate, well-tied too..

Lochan_load

I like those copper back ones, really nice.

Robbie that peacock tinsel is one I use loads, works with loads of different colours. Stretched thin it makes a good pearly blue rib.

pedropete

some peacock swords from cookshill filled a corner of my box, I've always loved the look of these style of trads(paul Caslin var).10# singles and a few doubles..

rannoch raider

Nice job Pete. I like the vivid colour of the cheeks. Did you dye the JC yourself ?

Go To Front Page