News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

Andy if you go back to trout line for the CDC you may want to have a look at their  cut gut bio thread while you at it  :whistle2

Lochan_load

Aye I've got a couple of those in a couple of sizes and some CDC's to try and some hooks that seems very good value  :lol: maruka (I think) barbless dry fly hook. Just got one pack of 14's til i see what they're like.

Lochan_load

claytonmcnie

Andy: check out pettitjean stacker, that works with the magic tool, it stacks the CDC nicely so to sit on top of the fly. Another 20 quid on top of the 30 for magic tool, but if you intend to do a lot of CDC its maybe worth it.

Lochan_load

I'll have a look at them as it sounds interesting but I'd probably rather spend the cash on some nice materials. While I'm waiting for the new cdc i thought I'd try with deer hair, much more comfortable with this stuff. Like this one but think the 'wing' might be a bit long?? Constructive criticisms very welcome. [attachimg=1]

claytonmcnie

nothing wrong with it at all

pedropete

thanks Robbie and andy for inspiring me off the stillwater nymphs and onto drys/cdc, "doubledecker grunter" style dry on a b160 12.

Lochan_load

Very nice pete, would be good as part of a pair fished static. I've still never done a jingler style hackle, I'll get on it one of these days. Emerger to match the dun I did last night.....
[attachimg=1]

pedropete

that's really tasty mate!!nice work!!

rannoch raider

Some cracking tyings there guys. Very nice indeed. :8) I've just about done with tying nymphs so it's time to get a move on into a few proper dries at last!

Go To Front Page