News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fergie

Now that's a thing of beauty.  :P

pedropete

that's one sexy dabbler andy!! spot on min..

Lochan_load

Quote from: Bobfly on March 22, 2018, 07:36:28 PM
You might make one or two more of them  :wink:

I've only made one Vaughan but it's for you ;) Cheers folks, the colours work well

Bobfly

You have set me a challenge !  I'll not be posting any piccies   :shock:
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Robbie

Andy that skinny mayfly looks really nice, there'll be plenty on movement in that hackle. For some reason got me thinking that it may be worth tying a few large nymph patterns.

The dabbler is a cracker, going to have to try and replicate a few of those.

Pete those muddlers are excellent, the colour mix given by the under-wing gives a really nice effect. yet another thing I want to copy. at this rate i may never get to fish..

rannoch raider

Some real cracking patterns there lads. I haven't tied a loch fly for as long now. looking at these has given me the notion to do a few but they'll have to wait because its time to stop tying and start fishing ! :D

Lochan_load

Cheers Robbie, I stripped the fibres off one side of the fp like you would with partridge for a spider pattern, let's you lay down the hackle much more deliberately and sits up nice.
With the dabbler just use about a centimetre of mallard and line it up about half way along the tail, once you tie it in it sits about the right length. I used to use a load doubled over but much easier with less and look better.

pedropete

cheers robbie, the crap weather gives me time to arse about with stuff..im torn between deerhair and andys skinny dabs..

pedropete

still mucking about with deer hair ,bit of a mouthful.. Clan Chief sparker muddler!!  I've added orange mirrorflash to a few trad wets and I'm happy with the results so far.let the troot decide!!  10# short shank hooks so effectively a 12#,i like a wee compact pattern on these hooks.

rannoch raider

Those look fantastic Pete. You'd bet on them being killers  :8).

Go To Front Page