News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedropete

don't get me started on jungle cock.. where do you start.. i like splits purely because i can use more of the cape.don't get hung up on single nails for trout..ive tied them in at angles .upsidedown and back to front at times, all work and sometimes not..it looks good to the eye ill give you that..but how are we to know what the troot think about it..oh...and a wee bit wax on your thread works wonders tying in j.c.

pedropete

kool, if you have no confidence in dabblers then fair enough,..im sure your box is heaving with plenty decent catching patterns!!

bibio1

For me in relation to dabblers less is definitely more. I now put very little BM in the wing

Lochan_load

Same as Paul, started off with a full cloak but now I hardly use any at all when I'm doing a cloak and have taken to just putting a very small slip of BM behind the hackle for my skinny dabblers. Not really a dabbler at all I suppose but that's where it's evolved from. Was initially inspired by some of Petes on Facebook a few years back, really lovely dabblers

pedropete

some corixa patterns that might be of some use,did these last year..wee short shank 12# hooks,

Robbie

Very nice Pete, they look the business. How did you get on with them?

rannoch raider

Those are nice Pete. I've never tried them suspended.

Lochan_load

Nice imitation and like the suspended idea, top notch! I've not tied or fished for ages  :( sucks!

pedropete

same andy, between work and the weather..im off for 3 weeks shortly so hope to rectify that, if anyone going anywhere decent let me know!! robbie never used them in anger,yet.

pedropete

i can't speak for anyone else I'm not that traditional in fly choice, tried and tested brown trout slayer.. gold shugg..

Go To Front Page