News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Clan Chief

Cheers Andy ive been practicing tying winged flees! So has John SD . So he shouldnt have to borrow anybody's anymore.  :lol: maybe he'll post them up here soon!

Bobfly

Whilst SWMBO was looking through the bookshelves in a charity shop today I noticed stuff in a drawer labeled Darning Wools. So I had a rummage and saw straight off loads of old Chadwicks wool cards with their colour numbering. Guess what ???
Yup, I came away with two and a half cards of Number 477  !!!!  This is the famous yarn for the Sawyer Killer Nymph.

Some cards of this stuff have been sold on eBay for rather silly money  :shock:  Some substitutes have been made up by fly tying suppliers but if anyone would like a foot or two of original send me a PM note of your address
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Bobfly

Here is the stuff.  Killer Bugs for rivers being a fresh water shrimp pattern I guess.

[attachimg=1]

Clan Chief

Back @ the vice tonight and first off is a Coch Zulu! The Zulu family of flees is a wide and varied tribe!

Lochan_load

I'd love a few inches of that Vaughan just to tie a few up. I'd keep the half roll and get the other two on eBay if I was you!

Bobfly

Happy to send you some Andy  so long as you don't try to knit up some baby booties  :tongue2

Lochan_load

:lol: I can tie an alright flee but don't think ny knitting would be up to much!

johnsd

Midge? Size 22
yer going where

johnsd

Teal and black
yer going where

Go To Front Page