News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Cheers Allan, sort of followed davie macphails video in that I built he under body with copper wire in a bobbin but then i switched to thread. Clear skin for the back. Wee bit fiddly but not a hard tie.

corsican dave

nice Andy! those should be killer for swff, too.
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Robbie

Nice flies Andy, I can think of a few lochs they'd do some damage in.

Clan Chief

As said on many occassions i tend to stay away from tying wet winged flees as im never pleased with the way  my efforts look.
However i recently had a good video chat and a one 2 one video lesson on the technique of tying in wings from a very talented Ayrshire fly tyer who has encouraged and helped me.
The last few days ive got stuck in and persevered with them. Im now starting to understand and getting to grips with the method. This blae and black is my best to date!

corsican dave

If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

Yeah nice work Allan, I shy away from paired wings as well but the tie the odd one here and there. I've promised myself a few times to do what you've done and grasp the thistle, never quite got round to it  :roll:

Bobfly

Is that paired slips Allan or a rolled wing. Great result whichever.?  :D
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

Robbie

The shape of that wing looks like beautifully paired wing slips. You should not be shying away from winged wets Allan, keep them coming!! That is a lovely fly, love the shape of that wing.

Cracking taper on the body to boot, top notch!!

Clan Chief

Yes Vaughan these are paired slips from grey duck quills. Havent mastered the techniqiue just yet as i tied another couple tonight and they were rubbish.😂 back to square one! Need to keep on practicing!

Clan Chief

Thanks guys! @ the vice this morning! Consistency is the problem. Im not sure that winged wets will fish any better than hackled wets. I look forward to finding out next season.

Go To Front Page