News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

Not long off the vice...............

Clansman

Just finished this

muddler54

nice flies guys,  i love that sedgehog john
  i tied a invicta... a great wee fly on the dropper, with a teal blue and silver
                               on the point for sea trout, or dry as a sedge bursting through
                             the surface for brownies,a great fly to have in your box
          [attachimg=1]

Black-Don

scotty9

Quote from: Bandy Catcher on November 15, 2009, 01:13:16 PM
This Sedgehog (based on a fly tied for me by Allan Liddle) caught a few fish for me in the past season.

John

I love the look of that! Will be tying some of them up (once i work out how to  :lol: )

Clan Chief

Posted this naked spider on another forum last night on completion. I actually forgot to tie in any body material .hence the Name.

Second flee is what I call a jackdaw spider.

paulr

Nice one Col,
It would take me about a week to tie that lot!
cheers
Paul

Clansman

From the Bench

Harpo

Dinnae get caught one the Almond wi' the pink wing post Col :gay4

Is there any body dubbing on the F-Fly or is it just a thread body?, was gonna try and tie some up

Since I got my vice this week i've only managed (well that i'm prepared to share to the masses!) :-

[attachimg=1]

It's probably a bit chunky but will do for the ladies (I hope) it was tied on those pre leaded Czech Nymph hooks you can get, I've had them for ages, bought them years ago for trotting with :dunno
They seem a bit bulky for Czeck's and hard to get a thread to hold on them?

Cheers

Clan Chief

I've got some of those hooks too. Yeah your right they are a bit bulky once you get some material on them. I was thinking that it might be a good idea to colour the lead with modeling paint . All manner of designs could be covered.

Go To Front Page