News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Which bag???

Started by jamie175, July 11, 2009, 06:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie175

Hi guys just wanted to know what rucksack/bag do you use when you have a long walk before you get fishing. Its just that i am planning a new rucksack and would like some feedback before i buy one.

Cheers

Jamie

nant_fisher

Depends on what you want to take. I have a 35L rucksack that I can fit my waders In and all my tackle. If your not planning on taking much else something that size or bigger would do. I could do with a little more room in mine ideally so I would recommend a 45L bag. If you don't have waders then something smaller would do you. It all depends on how much shite you want to take.
Adventure time

jamie175

Well to be honest i was planning a Scierra rucksack 35l. I think that would be fine for what i need.

Jamie

Inchlaggan

Quote from: zoomer on July 11, 2009, 08:43:45 PM
depends if you ever intend putting a tent/sleeping bag/roll mat in it, in which case 40L +

Go big and comfortable, then resist the temptation to load it to capacity- difficult to do I admit.
I have a 30 year old Berghaus 65l with detachable side pockets to at total of 90l, plus straps for tent, mat etc.
I never use it to capacity- the proof being that I am still alive  :o - but it is comfortable and easy to adjust.
Small (and thus cheaper) may seem the best way to go, but this only lasts until you have the chance of a trip that exceeds your capacity and then you are into the purchase of a new, bigger, bag.
Start big, load small.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

jamie175

Thanks for the advice guys. Think i will just nip in to Tisos and pick up a 40l rucksack. Its always good to have that extra space if needed.

nant_fisher

Couldn't agree more with that tip. I cycle everywhere for my fishing and it is the most useful thing to have the rod strap to the side of my bag. My bag has straps on each side so I could even put two on if I needed.
Adventure time

superscot

On the lookout myself for a new ruckie ...but has to be able to carry in gear for a 3-5 day stay ......stove/tent etc etc ect

River Chatter

I got a tresspass rucksack as a pressie from my daughter recenty, but it doesn't have side straps. I want her to see me using it (she'll spit the dummy otherwise and downize the presents she gets me lol) so what's a good way of attaching a 4 piece to such a bag?

Inchlaggan

'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

superscot

Quoteso what's a good way of attaching a 4 piece to such a bag?

http://www.gear-zone.co.uk/eshop/Secure-Compression-Straps--150cm.html

may help

Go To Front Page