News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Orvis River Guard Wading Boots

Started by Wildfisher, January 09, 2012, 11:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

I just scrubbed my Orvis River Guard boots clean for my upcoming NZ trip and closely inspected them. They are still flawless after what amounts to 2 seasons of very tough use, including "hill walking"  over rough tracks and terrain.

They are not cheap, but worth considering if you are looking  for tough lightweight wading boots that don't fall to bits. Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product.aspx?pf_id=2A98

haresear

That is good to know Fred. I'll bear that in mind for future reference.

Alex
Protect the edge.

Wildfisher

You know the trouble I've had with boots Alex.  :lol:  These are good. I bought Orvis simply because I knew if they fell to bits within an unacceptably short time I'd get them changed. They are dead light too and easy to on and off. Orvis make good kit. :8)

Wildfisher

Good to know col. Yes, "cheap"   boots are far from cheap in reality.  Snowbee boots in particular are a disaster in my experience and I know others who say the same.

Wildfisher

Quote from: col on January 09, 2012, 03:04:01 PM
the design made it a peice of pish to fix/rectify.
Same as my Snowbee boots, you bin them - rectified.   :lol:

Do you know I have dumped Snowbee boots with no soles  in wheelie bins from Scotland to Australasia?  Swithun tells me he dumped a pair in Norway.  They certainly get around.   The sole of  one of mine is still in a peat bog near Loch Cuilidh up at  Kinbrace where it was violently ripped off in 2007. Couldn't find it. My hope is its fossilised  remains will be long preserved in  the peat and will  be  unearthed in a future episode of Time Team, where they will speculate on its origins and remark on its striking similarity to others discovered  in Norway and New Zealand.

Go To Front Page