News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What`s This?

Started by JIMCCS, April 13, 2012, 05:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMCCS

I got this freebie from The Essential Fly Co. today in with some other gear, any ideas? Is it something for pulling a zip up and down?
[attachimg=1]

Traditionalist

It's for holding spools of tippet.  You drop the spools on to it and then clip it to your jacket etc.  About as much use as a chocolate fireguard! :)

Here it is;

http://www.theessentialfly.com/fly-fishing-accessories/tippet-retainer-dispender-the-essential-fly-spool-retainer.html

TL
MC

dazdidge

Quote from: Mike Connor on April 13, 2012, 05:35:23 PM
It's for holding spools of tippet.  You drop the spools on to it and then clip it to your jacket etc.  About as much use as a chocolate fireguard! :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I have tried one Jim and yes they are rather shite, too bulky hanging of your jacket/fly vest. It just gets in the way all the time and is a complete and utter pain in the ass, try it out for yourself though, but I doubt it will last more than a couple of hours before you fling it at high speed into the middle of a loch whilst swearing at it, something along the lines of " you useless piece of f*ck*ng sh*te!!! Just remember to take your tippet off it first!!!

daz

scotty9

Also shouldn't be shiny for something on your front... but that's fish scaring paranoia on my part.

Inchlaggan

Proof that anything free is worth what you paid for it.
'til a voice as bad as conscience,
rang interminable changes,
on an everlasting whisper,
day and night repeated so-
"Something hidden, go and find it,
Go and look beyond the ranges,
Something lost beyond the ranges,
Lost and waiting for you,
Go."

Go To Front Page