News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What's this called?

Started by Lochan_load, January 14, 2014, 06:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Tied this to a pattern a mate told me he used at loch awe, can't believe it's not a recognised pattern but what's it called? Answers on a postcard....

brown troot

Not sure on the name but it looks a cracker Mate

bushy palmer

I'd say Claret palmer- or put a wee turn of guinae fowl at the heed and call it a bumble

Suki1312

You get a fly called fluorescent Palmer in Caithness only difference is the tail colour , or a hammels spider which is the double of this fly with a yellow head hackle on it . I sometimes like to tie my soldier palmers bumble style and its like that .
Every day is a school day

Lochan_load

Looks like quite a few things without quite being anything! Cardinal sounds about right, my mate swears by it but can't say it would be first on my cast, I'll stick it in the box though, you never know!

corsican dave

tie it on a size 4 and go piking! :8)
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Billy

Potties Palmer from the Shetlands?

Billy

Lochan_load

Love a bit of piking on , the fly, my mates got a box of space age lookin things we use tho, he'd look at me funny if i pulled out one of these 😳

corsican dave

Quote from: Lochan_load on January 15, 2014, 09:42:47 AM
Love a bit of piking on , the fly, my mates got a box of space age lookin things we use tho, he'd look at me funny if i pulled out one of these 😳
just do it for the crack!
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Lochan_load

This might be the safest way to catch them!!

Go To Front Page