News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Jig hook advice

Started by garryh, November 09, 2014, 07:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garryh

I'm looking to to try some of my weighted nymphs on jig hooks as i do lose a lot of standard ones in a season .i can see the advantage in the fly swimming upside down.looking around there seems to be quite a choice of brands ,they all are barbless but with a choice of needle point ,claw point and wave point .anyone got much experience of the different makes or types of point on these hooks ? any feedback will be much appreciated.

Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Wildfisher

Garry, I bought some Partridge  jig hooks which are great, but the wire is a bit light, so I'm looking at something a bit heavier for my upcoming visit to the land where they keep the big trout.  :lol:

Rabmax got some Fulling Mill and reckons they are quite strong, so that's  what I'm going to try. I'll let you know what I think when I get them.

garryh

Fred during my search i notice that Hanak do three different jig hooks ,i would think that one of them might be the heavy wire you are looking for .mind you its not a brand im familiar with.
https://www.cliff-harvey-angling.co.uk/search_prod_list.asp?maingroup=Hooks&secondgroup=&thirdgroup=&forthgroup=&search=&category=
scroll to second page
Garry
Education is important.
But fishing is importanter

Wildfisher

Too late! I just ordered 16, 14, 12 Fulling Mills from Sportfish. I'll let  you know what they are like. I feel I have been ripped off though as the quoted price did not include VAT and it was added at the last minute,

That will be the last thing I ever buy from those b******s.   :roll:

Go To Front Page