News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Wading jackets....

Started by beaniboy67, March 25, 2006, 06:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaniboy67

how much is not much cash?

are you looking for breathable and how much would you pay?

Wildfisher

Swithun,

Get yourself a Barbour jacket. All the best country sports folk wear those. Set it off with a good sensible set of heavy tweed breaches and a deerstalker. The entire ensemble is only complete  however,  with the addition of  a  wading staff, sporting a deer horn handle carved into the form of a leaping salmon.  

Your vehicle should preferably be a either a Range Rover or a 1960's Shooting  brake with a front bonnet  emblem of a brown and white spaniel carrying a very dead pheasant.

Repeat the following mantra until it becomes second nature :

"WHAT! TALLY-HO! GET  ITS  BRUSH!  SALMON!  PHEASANT ! I SHOULD SAY SO!

You will look and sound like a proper fecking twatt, but will integrate seamlessly on   the better beats of  the Spey, Helmsdale or Tweed.

If I am passing and I  pretend not to know you, please do not be offended.  :lol:

Malcolm

I gave up using wading jackets about 10 years ago. If I need a waterproof I use a cheap Regatta jacket. Completely waterproof but not very breathable.  Does it matter? It rests in the back pocket of my waistcoat until I need it.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

Fierybroon

I wear wading jackets most of the time because I find them comfortable.I have a greys grx that I have wore since I started.Also a barbour(it was a present honest!!!).I also have a waterproof cagool type jacket for more inclement weather.

Go To Front Page