News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Boot Recommendations

Started by Barnyard, November 14, 2016, 09:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Quote from: Barnyard on November 21, 2016, 06:18:51 PM
The only issue I forsee is a cramped space due to the stocking foot.

yep, be careful with that; especially in cold conditions. try taking the footbed out and slackening off the laces. you can't do anything about the length, unfortunately
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

Barnyard

Wise words Corsican. I can try them for free, have a walk around Wharfe meadows park looking a total bees knees for a few hours, all dressed up and looking the prat...sorry part.
Still awaiting delivery of the new waders... Any day soon.... I hope.

Barnyard

johnny boy

Hi

I have to say I used to pay a decent amount for my boots and never really got that much out of them.  My current pair are 3 season old GTEC standard hiking boots.  I thought they would fall apart after one season but at £25 they seemed worth the gamble.  Still holding fine when thrown in garage at the end of October.

Surprisingly comfy, better soles than many of my previous wading boots (especially Korkers), only downside is that they can be a little heavy when wet, I don't mind that.  In fact I think it may have contributed to their longevity as many wading boots are so flimsy due to the manufacturer trying to sell you something akin to slippers (fallen into that trap myself before).

It may just be a lucky pair I got but I will be following this route for now.

Barnyard

Thanks for the reply Johnny. I have studs on order and 2 pairs of old Merrell ankle walking boots to try out. Total cost £12 inc postage. If they fall apart then so be it, The only reason I no longer use them is that I ripped the waterproof membrane on the top of the foot and they are no longer waterproof. In this situation being waterproof no longer matters! No sign of the waders as yet but Dave is awaiting a new pattern sock that he believes to be superior to the one he initially wanted to fit. Fair play to him for great customer service.

Highlander

GAC sale catalogue dropped through the door & there are a selection of discounted wading boots within. Worth a shuftie at least.

Tight Lines
" The Future's Bright The Future's Wet Fly"

Nemo me impune lacessit

Go To Front Page