News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

Floating Lines

Started by nant_fisher, May 05, 2006, 05:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nant_fisher

Im looking for a floating line at the moment as i only have an intermediate to fish with just now and its really bad trying to fish dry flys on an intermediate line. Could somebody tell me a good line in the ?20-?30 range.

Cheers

Robbie
Adventure time

rabbitangler

Quote from: JediNant

You wont get a better line for any money at the price they are a steal.
They have no memory , are slick, cast well and are a good colour.

I cant recomend them higly enough.

Regards

Jim

Hear! Hear!! :D  :D  :D

haresear

Robbie,

If you are hoping to buy your line in Oban, I would imagine they will stock Aircel (as opposed to Airflo) and Shakespeare or possibly Snowbee lines. They are all good makes. Shakespeare is as far as I am aware the only British line manufacturer, and make lines for Michael Evans and Snowbee among others.
Protect the edge.

bluezulu

QuoteYou wont get a better line for any money at the price they are a steal.
They have no memory , are slick, cast well and are a good colour.

i couldn't have put it better. i'm on my first barrio and its a beaut. (hmmm, that sounds bit australian but don't let it put you off)

Malcolm

Shakespeare Worcester is a great line for the money.
There's nocht sae sober as a man blin drunk.
I maun hae goat an unco bellyfu'
To jaw like this

greenwell

Scientific Anglers Supreme II, the white one. Look after it and it will last years. I have them in six and seven weights and they're both now in their seventh season and performing excellently. Best I've used in the price range specified. Avoid the hi-vis orange ones though, the coatings are nowhere near as good or durable.

Anyway, tightstring, Greenwell.

nant_fisher

Well.........I lost my reel whilst out fishing the other day :oops:  :oops:  No idea how it happened or where it went, im sure i put it in my waistcoat but it has just dissapeared and i went back to where i had been fishing and it was nowhere to be seen. A bit of a mystery :?

It just so happened we were heading up to morven to go fishing there the next day so there was a rush of phoning up the shop and getting the reel ready for collection. It was a bit of a shock to my wallet when i found out how much it all cost but it was worth it. The new floating line i got put on it is wonderful, its wf and a creamy white colour and casts like a dream. Its a scientific anglers one and im not sure i want to know how much it contributed to the whole price but it was well worth it.

Cheers

Robbie
Adventure time

kiegers

I tried the Barrio floating line for the first time yesterday dont let the price put you off it is first class no memory ,very slick, and a nice colour a genuine bargin two of my fishing buddies are ordering some today.

nant_fisher

I was thinking of ordering one of the barrio lines and may still order an intermediate off of them but it was because i needed the whole setup right there and then that i got the scientific anglers one.

Cheers

Robbie
Adventure time

Go To Front Page