News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildfisher

Started tying for our NZ trip today.

Loads of wire bodied nymphs.

Exciting?

Not really, but quick!

.D.

Finally got around to making a start on refilling the boxes the other day.

Long way to go...............

.D.

haresear

Very nice parachute there Col.

I've been plodding away on the wire nymphs in sizes 16 and 14 meanwhile and did 50 odd over the last two days. My eyes are skelly.

Alex

Protect the edge.

paulr

Nice flies Col. I use lots of stripped peacock herl in my tying, its great for achieving realistic looking olive bodies.
cheers
Paul

Crawhin

Very tidy klink there D and lovely hackle quill bodies on your flees too Col - great banding.

The tying kit has been packed away for a while now due to invaders visitors and because the missues tells me (on what inside info I'm not sure) that Santa is alergic to hackle fibres and hares ear  :?. Might as well have left it all out though for all the good it did - not a single Lamson/Hardy/Sage box under the tree on the day  :( .  The fotees here though have sparked me back into life and I'm planning to make a glorious mess this weekend. If anything survives the razor blade by the end of it I'll post pics here.

Cheers,

Ian     

paulr

Finally worked out how to take macro photies so thought id stick up some of my winter handywork. I can't work out how to put photos within the text so bear with me.

The emerger in the first photo has been an absolute killer over the past few seasons.I usually fish it in a 14 or 16, sometimes a 12 early in the season. I put a layer or two of Hard as Nails over the quill body to protect against trouty teeth.

I hate deer hair and love the idea of Fred's synthetic sedges,which I have tied up a load of for next season (cheers Fred!) I've tried to substitute poly yarn in any deer hair patterns i use. Need to wait and see what the trout think of them.

The spanflex bodied parachute flees have been pretty successful for me. The yellow may in particular is lethal on the Kelvin.

paulr

Cheers Col, interesting reading. Might try tying some of those up. If HVK rates them thats good enough for me!
Thanks
Paul

Clan Ford

Clan Chief

Here are my first of the New Year . Must have got the inspiration for them from some of the post s on here.Just made them with some new materials I purchased the other day from the GAC.

Clan Chief

Dark olive awesome possum
Dark Dun awesome possum
brown olive antron yarn
gray brown antron yarn

bottom pic dubbing was stuff I already had. creamy colour , I have it in a plastic film case. Don't know the name of the material. Shouldn't have thrown away the original packet.

bottom pic was my first attempt at applying the dubbing via a dubbing loop. I'm gonna persevere using this method as I do like the effect it has on the body. The material is much tighter on the body but with the bonus of random fibres sticking out here and there.

Go To Front Page