News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crawhin

Nice looking wire spiders there chaps - my next tying project I feel.

Last day or so I've been at a mixed bag including quill nymphs:-

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

[attachimg=3]

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

Was enjoying the stripped herl work (mazing how it takes on the colours of the surrounding material) so some similar para dries followed:-

[attachimg=6]

Thinking about the start of the season some early days; mini lures for when the going gets hard:-

[attachimg=7]

[attachimg=8]

And after Nant Fishers back-end Cruachan success with monster sparkly tandems; a couple of big nasty things you could fly as scary kites. Tied on tandem LS 8's:-

[attachimg=9]

[attachimg=10]

All good fun.

Cheers,

Ian

Ian_M

I love the look of quill  bodies and you've got some great tyings in that lot, very tidy indeed.

Some nice quills to be had from goose primary wing feathers, the short side if you know what I mean.  They look like Xmas tree needles but are grey with black on the edge.  Never tried dying them, but maybe worth a go.  The big benefit is there is no flue to strip.
Ian

Wildfisher

Some nice flies there Ian and  very well tied.

River Chatter

Crawhin

Cheers guys - flees just offered for idea inspiration (god knows I've nicked enough ideas from this thread over the last few months)  - next up are some wire spiders  :lol: 

Will give Goose quills a shot Ian - thanks for the tip.

Buzz - cheers but no real skill involved with the photos just the regular macro setting on a decent compact digital (Canon G9) and natural light.   

Ian

Ian_M

That's a nice looking fly Buzz.  Betcha the troot think so as well. :8)
Ian

Crawhin

Good ones Breac - is the barring marked by pen and is that an Aberdeen sea hook you've used? 

Went and got myself some Mustad surf hooks the other day for pike and salt water patterns.

Ian

Ian_M

Nice looking fly there Col - a troot kebab?

Like the look of the pearly Invicta as well.

Been said before, but this is a great thread.
Ian

Crawhin

Aye Fachan - very neat yet spiky tying - nice. Col - great start of a tungsten series I think.

Ian

Clan Chief

Like the hot spot Col. Think the Grayling might like the look of that too.

Go To Front Page