News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clan Chief

scoobyscott

Playing about and came up with this bibio variant, nothing new just bits from different patterns,
[attachimg=1]
thanks for looking

goggs

Some really nice'ly tied flies there guys :)
This is the first time i've had the confidence to show some pics of flies i've been tying,only starded tying about a year ago and i've knocked up some great wee flies and took loads of trout,but over the winter i've really got into the Tying side of things.
Really enjoying my tying just now,and the nephew's also bought a kit and started tying Kate's etc (He's only 10)  :8)

Hope you like
goggs

Wildfisher

I love 'em goggs.

These split winged dries look great.

Robbie

Lots of excellent flies being tied gents, makes me want to get to the vice!

bibio1

A year and yir doin split wings well done. Some great fleez.

Cheers

Paul

goggs

Thanks for the kind comments guys :DLike i say i'm really enjoying my tying now and finding it relatively easy....which is a bonus!!!
So if you guys like them that'll do me,lol...

goggs

bibio1

Been on the Olive hatches now. This is not my favourite hatch as its straight after the March Brown Hatch and whilst its is undoubtedly great to be catching fish on the dry this hatch is when the fishing season really begins because the fish begin to get fussy and lock on to specific stages of the hatch.  Its for that reason I use a couple of patterns.

The basics for me are the same no matter what the olive hatch might be. What I focus on are size and the use of yellow thread as my base material. My dubbings are mainly wool as it absorbs water well and a blend of rabbit fur.

For the dun i use a stripped peacock quill which i now cover in a type of bug bond material. ( the cheap version). Other than that i tie lots of cdc versions but where possible use the snowshoe as a wing material although i do find that particular material difficult to handle.

A fly i have also found invaluable is the R2S. In different sizes and colours it is deadly especially when the fish are taking something just beneath the surface. 

Clan Chief

goggs

Some really nice olive patterns there,superb tying Paul.... I might have too try some of these out :lol:

goggs

Go To Front Page