News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harpo

Quote from: Clan Chief on July 02, 2013, 01:53:59 PM
Picked up a bird from the A8 today took her home at lunch time stripped her and knocked up a wee spider from her  :lol:
The Junction 6 Spider.

:lol: what did you cook up from the meat :shock:

Wildfisher

Quote from: Rabmax on July 02, 2013, 08:50:56 PM
Nice looking beetle pattern there Fred.How do you find that one is for landing the correct way up.

Pretty much 100%. The post will always trail like the feathers on a shuttlecock.

diogg

I tied up some of the (muddler) red head Kate McLaren variants from the FF&FT which arrived yesterday.  BTW, do you have a source for the wool used in the Donegal Blue above?  I've been looking for some of that.  Thanks.

diogg

Thanks for the above note and the pm, Andy.  Some of today's offerings:

[attachimg=1]

Wildfisher

hopper

Very nice flies not sure of the one top left is that a Fred's Favourite   :lol:

Clan Chief

Off for a few days away on a Herbridean Fishing trip this week and as ever my mate Tam always wants me to tie some flies for him and it was no surprise to me that he wanted a Loch Ordie Variant. He must have a box full of Ordie variants because every time we go away that's what he wants . This time as you can see he wanted a black and white version.

Wildfisher

Nice flies Allan, hope the trip goes well  :D

Clan Chief

Thanks Fred, Looking forward to it :D

diogg

Interesting variants - might have to add some to my South Uist box.  One of my Benbecula contacts is currently recommending a Pearly Zulu, if that's any help.

David

Go To Front Page