News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenster197

Quote from: Lochan_load on January 30, 2014, 10:31:42 AM
First time at the vice this week and trying out some new blue deer hair, fly number one lochgarry ;)

That looks absolutely beautiful.

brown troot

Cracker mate love that blue deer hair it goes well with the fly  :D

Lochan_load

Right done this now, quite a busy dressing so tried to keep the muddle to a minimum, was a wee bit harder to keep it the shape I wanted but turned out ok

Ps it's just occurred to me that I'm stealing other peoples patterns so cheers Andy and Andy!

Wildfisher

Those flies are works of art.   :D

brown troot

Another cracker ! Andy,you should call it the Andy's fly  :lol:. That looks a better fly with the blue deer hair on it I think I will be stealing that pattern. Away to the vice to knock a few up lol

Lochan_load

Cheers for the comments, love this forum. I must admit I've never fished a blue Zulu but tied this up because I'm running out of ideas for the blue deer hair! Not sure id fish it but anyway....

Zulu sedgehog

Suki1312

That sedgehog is superb , best one yet with the blue deer hair .
Every day is a school day

Lochan_load

Cheers, just never felt confident sticking a blue fly on, they must work tho!

Suki1312

They say blue is a great colour for sea trout , and am sure the browns would have a nibble at it as well :D
Every day is a school day

lochgarryfisher

Wow, have just seen what you have being doing with those rare breed blue deer muddlers Lochan, stunning, my fav is the palmered hopper with the lightly dressed blue head, works of art all!  Hope this thread does not lead to those canny skyline hugging deer becoming even rarer!
Is blue not the most visible colour in water from a trouts' perspective, sure i heard that somewhere?
They say flies are designed to catch the fisherman as much as fish, i am well and truly hooked.

I have being tying bushy bob/ almost dapping flies this last few days, these are the last of them...
[attachimg=1]
I would like to thank this thread for re-kindling my interest in fly-tying, it is an inspiration.

Go To Front Page