News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lochan_load

Your flies look good mate, bottom one is my favourite. Same for me with this thread tying more than ever and got some great ideas for patterns and materials, I'll send that hopper up to you as part of the half dozen ;)

Clan Chief

Inspired by the blue talk stuff. I tied this this morning. I think this could be enhanced with some JC cheeks will tie one later ans get a pic up. Im off out just now

[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Like that, nice tie as well, think I've got the globrite for the tail so consider it nicked!

Clan Chief

Body is dark blue SLF ribbed with blue ultra wire.  :D

Lochan_load

First attempt at a pike fly, very time consuming and heavy on the materials, bit more industrial than the usual flies I tie but supposed to be very effective.....

sewin007

That will catch, no problem, but do yourself a favour and debarb because you dont want to be footering about trying to get the hook out ( best to debarb before you tye, just incase tbe hook breaks!).

Lochan_load

I'll be debarbing mate, if it breaks I'll greet!!
This is basically a copy of a fulling mill pattern, got a version in mind with Perch colours, I'll get it up soon

Clan Chief

My JC efforts weren't worth showing. Here's one I was happy with . Ive had success with pink tail flees in the past at Loch Watten in particular.

Lochan_load

Like that cc, really nice.

My effort at a flashy perch imitation, think it needs some of those fancy glass eyes but that's probably just polish because I think it's the silver flash that gets the pike going

Fishtales

Don't worry, be happy.
Sandy
Carried it in full, then carry it out empty.
http://www.ftscotland.co.uk/

Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

Go To Front Page