News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corsican dave

Quote from: admin on February 29, 2016, 02:57:20 PM
Indeed. Scotland as usual is about 10 years behind the rest of the fishing world.   :lol:   
i'd make that the UK in general and add another 20 years to it. SWFF, coarse fish on the fly, kayaks, big streamers.... can't wait for our scourie trip this year!  :twisted:
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

fergie

Quote from: rannoch raider on February 29, 2016, 02:45:37 PM
These big foam bodied dries are really starting to catch on. The guys who've been to New Zealand seem to rate them quite highly. Has anyone got any patterns that are proven over here they'd like to share ?

I can vouch for freds naomi.  Very effective for all sizes of troot.

rannoch raider

Quote from: admin on February 29, 2016, 02:57:20 PM
Indeed. Scotland as usual is about 10 years behind the rest of the fishing world.   :lol:   I have been using these home and away for many years now. My Naomi  is hard to beat and deadly. I sometimes use big foam cicada patterns which is the design the Naomi is based on. Big dries also don't have to use foam, see SedgeZilla - ElkZilla. What they all need is legs.

I was watching a sea trout video on you tube recently. Some of the venues were small rivers and streams in Denmark. The fly of choice was a dry foam beetle with big dangly rubber legs. It was deadly.
I've searched and found 'Naomi'. I'll be tying a few of them up for a wee shot this year. :lol:

roberth

Hawthorne fly using my Chernobyl Ant materials.

[attachimg=1]

fergie

I like that.
Im a big fan of foam flees. I bought some foam heather flys still to use them though. They looks like they might do some damage though.

rannoch raider

Fingers crossed the weather behaves itself on Friday when I'm hoping to put these chaps in danger of serious harm :lol:

Bleeding Grey Roach on tubes...........

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

corsican dave

excellent stuff Jim!  :D I need another big fly box.... :lol: everywhere's still frozen up here
If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're probably doing something wrong - John Gierach

JimJams

Found that out with 2 different venues on Sunday Dave.

rannoch raider

Another Roach pattern. This time a variant on Nik Bauers 'Dirty Roach' , again, on a tube.

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page