News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

The hooks are stated as size 14 but hard to judge due to their shape, here's a couple of photos for scale:

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

pedropete

oh yea, very nice, lots of work on a wee hook, Varivas do a nice wee hook in that sort of shape.

pedropete

"CAT" mclaren??  :roll: :roll:

scoobyscott

Few more for the grayling box
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

Tweed

Nice.   :D .  I fish gold heads a lot for trout in lochs - I wonder if the jig-hook style would work for them too..... :think2

rannoch raider

Very tidy Scott, I've just managed to get a minute or two to sit down at the tying table. Hectic stuff at the moment! Anyway, I'm on the Grayling as well .....

[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]

scoobyscott

Jigs would work on the lochs but I don't think they would be any better.
Those bugs are nice rr, where you off to? I'm nith bound on Sunday  :8)

rannoch raider

Thanks Scott, I'm not sure where I'm off to. I think the Clyde is most likely just because I have an idea where there's some decent areas where I can park my van. It's a bit of a pain in the ass. I thought the Nith didn't open to Grayling fishers until the end of the month Scott I take it Sundays are available as no salmon anglers on the water ?

scoobyscott

The nith doesn't open but think it's a private beat that allows Sundays just now. Not 100% tbh never fished it.
If your fishing the clyde and parking at the poppinjay hotel beware there was a motor broke  into last month with fishing gear taken

Lochan_load

Loads of nice flies lads, particularly like those hairs ear type gold heads Jim. The cat MacLaren would do a job as well pete.

Go To Front Page