News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoobyscott

Two tone ptn [attachimg=1]

pedropete

cracking nymphs jim, really tidy, few ideas in there i can do with,Scott looks a wee bit like a corixa nymph..

Robbie

Cracking flies guys, the grayling won't stand a chance at this rate!

rannoch raider

I do like the two tone effect on those Scott. I'm still on the Bugs and Tags myself.........
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]

loch coulter

Crackers, leave some grayling for the rest of us!

Bobfly

I do like those ones down below RR. Is the back on the middle set with pink undersides made with a strip off rubber bands or is it a proper fly tying material?
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

rannoch raider

Thanks, The material on the backs of the Czech style bugs is a shop bought fly tying product called Nymph Skin. It's just latex strips that come in a variety of colours. Those in the photo are described as 'natural' . The material can also be coloured with a sharpie. I have actually tried to use elastic bands for segmented bodies and backs in the past but it's very difficult to find suitably thin ones for smaller patterns  :)

Bobfly

Cheers. I had something sort of similar a while back but it had a bit of a sheen to it and I went off it. What you have there looks far more natural. I actually got given some thick natural gut violin string of whatever is the thickest on a violin and that looks good too. Have to soak it to make it soft and it goes a bit translucent when it gets wet again in the water.
~  <°))))):><       ~   <°))))):><

pedropete

cracking bugs haven't played with the nymph skin for ages, great effect though!!

rannoch raider

Hope they like orange !  :) Size 14 Carrots and Hare lug hotspots.......

[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page