News:

The Best Fishing Forum In The UK.
Do You Have What It Takes To Be A Member?

Main Menu
Please consider a donation to help with the running costs of this forum.

What have you tied today?

Started by Clan Chief, October 25, 2008, 08:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

think the wing length looks fine on the dun Andy, that and the emerger are both crackers.

Not heard of the grunter, going to have to remedy that as it looks interesting. Great tying Pete.

Lochan_load

Thanks guys, keep it simple is the key I think! Have to mimd and wind the dubbing through the deer hair, I was trying to rush one Before the football and wound it round the deer hair by mistake, looks mince! Makes all the difference winding it through 2-3 times.

rannoch raider

Tied a 'Jumble' of Jinglers to start the season.
[attachimg=1]

After a doing a dozen or so boredom set in, the mind wandered and this wee solitary fellow at the bottom popped out ! I quite like the look of it.

[attachimg=2]

rannoch raider

A few off the vise from today...............

Buggy Hare's Ear. Done a few of these.
[attachimg=1]

A few wee Ice Dub Caddis 14's
[attachimg=2]

More March Brown type nymphs unweighted.
[attachimg=3]

Seems to be a big hit in the USA and popular with competition fishers if the internet is to be believed ? The 'Walt's Worm and the 'Sexy Walt'
[attachimg=4]

pedropete

been busy jim, jinglers look ace mate, nymphs too, look excellent.your box will be heaving now.

Robbie

Cracking flies Jim, got me thinking about the rivers. Need to get some more tied and some nymphs.

Lochan_load

Nice robbie, done a couple in that style too. Waiting on that cdc and then I'll do a few more. Did this mayfly emerger last night, foam body and elk hair wing but not a full dry really, I'd probaly fish it wet/twitched
[attachimg=1]

Robbie

Cheers, Andy. That emerger looks like it will do a fair bit of damage.

Lochan_load

Hopefully in Caithness  :8) cdc arrived today, seems very good. Wasted no time in knocking out this f-fly. Seriously can't see this going wrong! The quill is Veniard natural, and the head is finished with the black pepper dubbing that matt Eastham recommended. So thanks forum you've sorted me right out!  :D[attachimg=1]

Lochan_load

Fish eye view.......the hooks are the maruto dry fly ones I said about before, seem pretty good. 3 euros for 25[attachimg=1]

Go To Front Page